Policy on the handling and retention of personal data of members and subscribers to the mailing list
|“The Group”||Medieval Settlement Research Group|
|“Members”||Individuals or institutions belonging to the Group, who have paid the annual subscription cost for the current/coming year.|
|“E-mail Subscribers”||Individuals or institutions who do not belong to the Group, but who currently belong to the Group’s e-mail subscription list.|
- The Medieval Settlement Research Group (hereafter “the Group”) holds the personal data of its members for the purpose of fulfilling its charitable objects and meeting the Group’s Principal Aims, which are published on the About page of this website.
- The Group will make use of members’ personal data solely for the purpose of delivering to its subscribing members the Benefits of Membership as set out on the Membership page of this website.
- The Group will make use of email subscribers’ personal data solely for the purpose of delivering email communication on Group activities and other matters related to settlement and landscape studies.
- The Group will not share the personal data of its members or email subscribers with any third-party organisations, whether charitable, public or private, except in respect of claiming Gift Aid where a member has consented to this, and in respect of enabling the printers of our journal, Medieval Settlement Research, to distribute copies to members by post.
- The Group will not share the personal data of any member with any third-party individual (for example, a researcher interested in an archaeological site) without the prior specific consent of the member concerned.
- The Group will maintain the privacy of each member’s personal data by blind copying any electronic communications to the membership.
- The Group will maintain the security of its members’ personal data by retaining the data in a password-protected environment.
- Any member can, at any time, notify the Group’s Secretary (as the GDPR data processor) that they wish their personal data to be removed from the Group’s files, and this will be implemented within a reasonable timescale. Requests should be submitted in writing.