One of the chief aims of the MSRG is to hold regular meetings, lectures, seminars and conferences around the country.
Summaries of all the gatherings and themes have been published in the MSRG journal and (former) Annual Report.
It will come as no surprise to hear that we are unable to host a physical meeting for our AGM this year. Instead, we ask that you participate in our virtual meeting by completing an online form, which will cover the following key items:
- Approving the minutes of the 2019 AGM, which can be found here
- Commenting on the 2020 Officers’ Reports, which can be found here
- Approving the 2019 accounts (which are printed in MSR 35)
- Approving nominations for the vacant posts (these will be listed on the online form)
The form will also allow you to record any comments or questions that you may have for the committee. We will email the form to members towards the end of November, once all nominations for committee and officers have been received. At the end of this year, Dr Stuart Wrathmell comes to the end of his term as President, and Dr Letty ten Harkel is also stepping down as Editor. It is particularly important, therefore, that you participate this year as we hope to approve nominations for three important Officer roles: President, Editor and Community Archaeology Officer. Committee nominations for these roles are:
- President: Prof. Carenza Lewis
- Editor: Dr Mark McKerracher
- Community Archaeology Officer: David Oates
If you wish to make additional nominations for committee members or officers, please send your nominations to Dr Susan Kilby at email@example.com no later than 1700 on Friday 20th November 2020.